Covid-19 Statement 22nd February, 2021
We are delighted to announce the re-opening of The Wheatsheaf in Beetham on the 12th April provided England meets the requirements set by the Government. The Inn will initially reopen for outside service only, limited business hours to be confirmed. We will then reopen the business fully from the 17th May.
After these long months of spring slumber the team are all ready to go and welcome back our guests in the safest possible environment. We have followed the guidelines carefully and put in place new systems of working to ensure that we can minimise risk and create a COVID-19 free environment.
The full Health & Safety Risk Assessment for COVID-19 can be viewed here. But I would like to point out some changes we have made which you will notice during your visit but which we hope will not affect our always welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
- Our Inn already maintains the highest possible levels of hygiene and is already cleaned regularly with sanitisers. To add to these procedures we have installed sanitisers at key points within the building which we will encourage our guests to use throughout their visit to us.
- We have carried out a debriefing and training session with our team to ensure that they are fully up to date with the latest government guidance for our industry. This will be a continual process as and when changes occur.
- We have decreased the number of tables in our dining space and opened up our large function room for regular use, this will allow for increased social distancing between our guests and staff.
- We have removed all seating from the Bar area, to allow for social distancing when moving around the building.
- Table service will still continue as we firmly believe in the value of direct service to our guests, however will do this at an increased social distance inline with guidance.
- All our team will be required to have their temperature taken prior to starting their shift and they will be asked if they have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19
- Our guest rooms will be deep cleaned in a clock-wise method to prevent the spread of the virus around the room with a strong antiviral cleaner, paying particular attention to any touch points within the rooms.
If you require any more information on what steps we have taken to protect our staff and our guests please read our full Health & Safety Assessment here, or contact me directly on email@example.com
We look forward to being back in business- as we say, this old Inn has been bringing happiness to the people of Beetham of 1609 and we ain’t gonna stop now!
Sally & Dan
Fairy Steps Ltd